In March 1925 a huge fire erupted at Madame Tussauds, the famous waxwork museum on Marylebone Road.
So intense was the blaze that flames leapt up to 5o feet into the air and, according to a report in the Manchester Guardian, one eyewitness who lived opposite said the “wax models could be distinctly heard sizzling.”
The two unsettling images below depict damaged dummies which were salvaged from the building’s smouldering ruins.
Euston is 180 years old this July. My latest blog for Time Out looks at some unusual trivia associated with the station. Please click here to read more.