36 years ago today, on the 8th December 1980, John Lennon was shot dead in New York. He was just 40 years old. The image above was taken on the 27th November 1966 outside a public lavatory on Soho’s Broadwick Street, and shows John playing London’s swankiest toilet attendant in a sketch for the BBC comedy show, ‘Not Only But Also‘.
Welcome aboard: Please select language
Where to, Guv?
Loving London since the 1980s
Back in time: previous articles by date
- Moving on… robslondon.com
- My next book….
- Candid Capital: From the Suburbs to The City
- Keith Flint: A Tribute to The Firestarter
- Introducing the View From the Mirror Archive- a new contents page
- When Buddy came to London
- An Oral History of London’s Dock Workers
- A Knowledge Examiner Speaks
- Candid Capital: Queuing Near The Ritz
- From London to Lockerbie: The 30th Anniversary of Pan Am 103
- The 30th Anniversary of the Clapham Rail Disaster
- Christmas Thanks
On the meter
- 1,350,893 hits